PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE USE IT
When you access or use the Services, we will collect your Personal Information. “Personal Information” is information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with you or your household. Depending on how you interact with us, we may collect the following categories of Personal Information:
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, billing and shipping address, phone number, and IP address. We collect this information for the purposes of providing and promoting our Application and Services. This includes, for example, responding to your questions or comments, administering a contest or other promotional feature, fulfilling your purchase requests and notifying you about your order, and providing you with information about important changes to Services, new functionality, and offers we think you would find valuable.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and interaction with our online Services. We collect this information for the purposes of understanding how you interact with our websites and online services.
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies. We collect this information to track your transactions, maintain records, and to customize our Application and Services to you.
- Inferences drawn from any of the information identified in this subdivision, such as your behaviors and preferences. We collect this information in order to refine and enhance our service offerings.
- Information to create anonymized analytics data about the use of our Application and Services; we may use this data for any legally-permissible purpose, including without limitation benchmarking and other research and development purposes. We may retain this data after you no longer use or have an account in the services.
- Information you post or provide when using the websites, including but not limited to, all media, comments, employee and candidate data, contact information or job information, or any feedback you may provide.
- You may authorize third-party identity providers, such as Google, GitHub, or Office, to disclose your information to the Application as a login method to authenticate yourself.
- The Application processes information about work you perform on behalf of a Customer in certain productivity tools. We obtain this information via APIs or provided directly by the Customer. This information can include metadata, calendar information, productivity information (e.g. lines of code written), work product, employee records, or other work-related information attributable to you.
- The Application will process Personal Information you choose to provide, post, upload, link, store, share, or otherwise make available in the Application, including certain text, graphics, videos, or other material and its associated metadata.
- A Customer may use the Application to survey its employees to collect feedback on employee satisfaction, engagement, onboarding, exits and 360-degree performance, or other work matters. These surveys might ask for Personal Information, and your responses may be attributable to you.
- “Clickstream Data” about your Website usage. Clickstream Data includes information about your “clicks” or actions on our Websites, such as what you see or click on during your visit and how you interacted with certain features. It can include information about your computer or device, web browser, and operating system and settings and may include referrer URL information that automatically passes to us (that is, information about where the user came from before arriving on our website, which may include search terms included in the URL string.
We may also use your Personal Information in the following ways:
A. To provide, maintain, and improve our Application and Services, including analytics, marketing, support, and job applications
- Contact Information: We use your Contact Information to contact you about our Application and Services, provide demonstrations of the Application, provide support to your request, and help in our direct marketing efforts. Specifically, if you provide your email address for marketing purposes, we may use it to contact you with newsletters, marketing, or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. You may opt out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send.
- Login Information: We use your Login Information to enable you to securely access the Application and to identify your activities in the Application.
- Job Information: If you apply to work at Eqtble, we use your Job Information to evaluate your application and contact you about it.
- Log and Device Information: We use Log and Device Information to help improve our Application and Services, internal operations, and systems. We also use Device Information to understand a user’s engagement in an activity or feature—for example, which pages or tools you interacted with or data about any crashes during use.
- Behavioral Marketing: We and certain third parties operating on or through our website may engage in online behavioral advertising. This form of advertising includes various parties and service providers, including third-party data controllers, engaged in the processing of cookies and other online identifiers, in connection with advertising. We may place cookies on your device, then provide it directly to a third party for targeting on a third-party platform. The parties that control the processing of Personal Information for behavioral advertising purposes may build a profile of you containing this information, and may be able to identify you across sites, devices, and over time. See the below for information about how you can limit or opt out of this processing.
B. To provide, maintain, and improve our Application and Services
- Work Information: We analyze work information in the Application at the direction of our Customers. In doing so, we process Work Information from productivity tools, such as G-Suite, Microsoft Office, GitHub, Jira, GitLab, Bitbucket, and others. We analyze that Work Information on both an individual and company level, using it to improve Customer decision-making and employee experience, among other things. We do not intentionally process information about user gender, race, or other categories of sensitive information. To the extent we unintentionally receive such sensitive information, we do not store or process it.
- User Content: Pursuant to Customer instructions, we analyze User Content to provide information to the Customer about employee activity. We do not moderate User Content, and in general only process the metadata associated with User Content. However, the Customer may sometimes view User Content.
- Survey Information: At the direction of Customers, we process Survey Information, such as surveys on performance and employee engagement, and provide it to the Customer for its internal use. The Customer chooses the content of any survey.
- Log and Device Information: We use Log and Device Information to secure and improve our Application and Services, internal operations, and systems. We also use Device Information to understand a user’s engagement in an activity or feature—for example, which pages or tools you interacted with or data about any crashes during use.
We may collect your Personal Information through your direct interactions with us, such as if you email a question or comment or submit a customer review. We may also collect your Personal Information through our use of tracking technologies (such as cookies and web beacons).
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
We may share your Personal Information with third parties in certain circumstances, including the following:
- With service providers – We may share your Personal Information with companies or individuals that we contract with in order to receive services. These services may include, among other things, providing products or services to you on our behalf, creating or maintaining our databases, researching and analyzing the people who request information from us, preparing and distributing communications, or responding to inquiries. We do not allow our service providers to use or disclose your Personal Information for any purpose other than for providing services to us.
- With affiliates – We may share your Personal Information with companies that we own or control, or that are under common ownership or control.
- On blogs, online postings, and testimonials – In certain circumstances, you may have the ability to share comments, testimonials, and other postings in public forums. If you choose to participate in these public forums, your Personal Information may be available to the general public.
- In a business transition – In the event that Eqtble, or any portion of our assets, are acquired by, merged with, transferred to, or invested in by another company, we may share your Personal Information with that company or other third parties involved in the business transition.
- To protect our rights – We reserve the right to release your information to law enforcement agencies if we determine, in our sole judgment, that either you have violated our policies, or the release of your information may protect the rights, property, or safety of Eqtble or another person.
- As required by law or in response to a legal process – We may disclose information about you to law enforcement or in response to a legal process if we have a good faith belief that we are required to do so by law, including for national security or law enforcement requirements. This also includes sharing your information with governmental entities or third parties in response to subpoenas, court orders, and other legal process, or as we believe is necessary to exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims.
You may be able to limit or opt out of the disclosure of Personal Information in some circumstances. For more information, see the MARKETING OPT OUT section below.
AGGREGATE & NON-IDENTIFIABLE DATA
We reserve the right to use aggregated, non-identifiable, and statistical data (“Aggregated Data”) that we can derive from the operation of the software or services we provide.
RETENTION & DISPOSAL
We retain Personal Information as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes for which we collected it, for legitimate business reasons, or as legally required. When we dispose of Personal Information, we aim to use secure means, such as either physically or electronically erasing the Personal Information or making it anonymous in a non-recoverable manner.
Our Application and Services are not directed toward children under 18 years of age, and Eqtble does not knowingly collect any information from children under 18 years of age through our Application and Services.
We implement security measures and controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the Personal Information we collect. To learn about our security controls, please visit our Security page at www.eqtble.com/security.
MARKETING OPT OUT
You have the following rights and choices with regard to the Personal Information we collect about you:
You always have the option to unsubscribe or opt-out of the marketing and promotional emails we send you. To do so, please click the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any of the marketing emails you received from us.
Our Application and Services may provide hyperlinks that, when clicked, take you to a third-party website that we do not own or control. These hyperlinked third-party websites may collect and disclose your Personal Information in different ways than we do. We are not responsible for the collection, use, or disclosure of information collected through these websites, nor are we responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by third parties. We expressly disclaim any and all liability related to such collection, use, or disclosure. It is also possible that third parties’ websites or emails may link to our website.
If you are located outside of the United States, please be aware that your information will be transferred to, processed, and stored in the United States and in other countries where we do business. Information you provide may also be transferred to or accessed by entities around the world and may be stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (the “EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our third parties, Affiliates and Subsidiaries, partners, or service providers.